Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club as usual for patch practice.  Still getting used to my new boot/blade combination but it's getting much better.  FO8s.... are getting back to almost as good as they were. LFO is pretty good, actually, it's the RFO that's the issue now.

I spent a bunch of time on 3s, in isolation and in the waltz-8.  I've decided a significant part of my problem with skidding is (duh) that I am not on a very good edge when I turn.  So I spent some time just trying to hold the edge until it was solid, and then turn.  Not sure how much this helped but I think I will spend some more time on it.

Other than that I worked pretty much everything, include both FOI and FIOs in the serpentine.  It's getting slightly better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home