Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Breaking-In

I picked up my new skates last night at the new NW Skate Authorities store at WSC (formerly Valley Ice Arena).  Jim heated them for me for the heat-molding process and I slipped 'em on... and they fit great!  I had a nice conversation with Coach Sonya while I wore them, then snuck on the ice to move around in them a bit.  Came back and wore them a bit more, then took them off.

This morning I was over at Sherwood to skate at the morning public (had the day off) for an hour.  It went pretty well. The skates fit very well and my rough guess is that the blade alignment is fine, though I will let JJ be the final judge of that.  They feel weird, but that's just the "normal" weird.  The fit seems to be great though, no punching-out required.  Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home