Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

BO8, Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I had a good warmup.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- these are getting back into shape.  When I actually get that free foot in front and hold it there, the first half of the RBO is really nice and stable and the whole thing is better.  So... we spent some time working on that :-).  LBO is getting better also.  Worked on standing more upright, especially on the 2nd half of the circle, and keeping the free foot close.
  • Waltz-8 -- we spent almost 20 minutes on these!  Working on each of the elements; trying to keep the free foot close on the 3, having a good BO edge, relaxing and really stepping to a good FO edge.  I realized I was helicoptering my arms into the LFO3, so we fixed that and that helped the check a lot and made for a better turn.
Sometimes I find it amazing that I spend so much time working on this stuff.  It is such basic skating, and I don't see anyone around me doing this kind of stuff (at least not this kind of time).  It can be a bit discouraging but I try to remind myself not to compare myself with others, just with the "last week" version of me.  I have to hope that all of this work will pay off at some point.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home