Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

B8s, Waltz-8, Serpentine


I had my figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • BI8s -- I was working on these when Lynne came in so we worked on them some more.  They are slowly getting better.  On the 2nd half of the circle I need to be sure to really open the chest and stay over the circle.  Pushes are getting better but could use a bit more bend-n'-push as we discussed last week.
  • BO8s -- not as nice as last week.  I do need to work to keep the flow, don't helicopter the arms in the rotation, and really sit back on the edge on the 2nd half especially.
  • Waltz-8 -- I was able to retain some of my improvements in my 3s from last week.  Lynne suggested I really think about counting out the elements and that does help a bit to get a better rhythm on the BO edge, as well as making sure I hold the BI edge out.  Still need to check the step forward better, and bend into the edge more.  I'm not checking the step forward so I am tending to swing around and not be able to hold a good edge.  Grrr.
  • Serpentine -- the change of edge is improving a lot.  Now if my FO edges were consistently good these would be much, much easier.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home