Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

B8s, Waltz-8


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8s -- I was working on these when Lynne came in so of course she wanted to see them. The RBO is really looking good these days!  LBO not as strong.. I need to really concentrate on a good push, strong position in the first half, and not over-rotate for the second half.
  • Waltz-8 -- the bulk of our time.   We took a break in the middle to work just on the FO3s, then back to it again.  The 3s are improving -- the corrections I had today where to keep the head up, feel the twist of the upper body against the free hip (hip stays back), keep the free foot close, and push the palms down.  I actually managed a couple where I did all that and they weren't too bad.  It's sloooowly getting better but the step forward is still out too far on the L side, and on the R side I step okay but I really need to work to get a good RFO.
  • BI8 -- just a couple of minutes on these. The RBI is looking better, I am getting a decent size circle finally.  Really need to work on the subsequent push, to not let my weight be in-between my feet; need to have a more decisive/prompt change of weight as I push.
I do get kind of frustrated with this stuff sometimes.  At the same time I do know that I am making progress.  Ah well, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home