Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Waltz-8, 3s To Center


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I had to postpone this from Wednesday as I was out sick that day.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- just a little time on these, working on getting to a better LFO from the beginning of the push, especially on the restart.  The RFO is so much better!
  • Waltz-8 --  still pluggin' away.  I really need to remember to keep my hands down going into the 3, it helps a lot.  Pretty much the same as last week though.
  • 3s to center -- just a couple of minutes on these; about the same as last week.  I'm not bringing my shoulder around enough; and Lynne reminded me to feel the twist between the upper and lower body going into the turn.  This will be a long project :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home