Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Adult Moves Changes


A couple of people had mentioned this to me but I hadn't seen it.  Finally found it in the US Figure Skating Governing Council minutes.

303. The Adult Skating Committee made changes to the Adult Pre-Bronze, Adult Silver and Adult Gold Moves in the Field Tests, effective September 2, 2011.

Adult Pre-Bronze: replaced forward three turns with forward right and left foot spirals (moved from adult silver)
Adult Silver: replaced forward right and left foot spirals with consecutive outside and inside spirals (from preliminary)
Adult Gold: replaced inside slide chasse pattern with backward circle eight (from pre-juvenile)

Having struggled through the 3-turn pattern I have to say I don't think it's a good idea to take it off the APBM test.  This means that there are no 3s at all on APBM test, and adults won't be tested on 3s until Bronze.

On the other hand it seems to make a lot of sense to move the spirals from Silver to Pre-Bronze -- I always thought that was kind of strange to have a PPM move on SM.  As for Adult Gold -- whee, a move I can actually do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home