Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

BO8, Waltz-8, 3s To Center, Serpentine


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I was running a little late and didn't get on the ice 'til exactly noon so I only had 10 minutes to warm up before my lesson.  Bleah.  On the positive side my FO8s were actually pretty good in warmup!

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 --I'd not skated in my patch blades since my last lesson and hadn't warmed these up so they were a little rough, but after a little bit of practice they were about as good as last week.  The last half of the LBO is starting to improve but still needs work to get it to curve appropriately without falling short or flatting.  Grr.
  • Waltz-8 -- the R side of these has come a long way!  Still not quite turning around enough on the step forward but it's *almost* there.  On the L side I'm still not turning enough on the step forward, and I need to keep the free foot closer.  Turns were improved though!
  • 3s to center -- these are about where I left them.  I did get one on the R side where I had some good flow out of the turn though so that's something :-).
  • Serpentine --the FOI are much improved!  I'm getting almost to the halfway point of the new circle on each side.  Now I just need a better push and better flow to get all the way around.  We worked briefly on  the FIO... R side was not so bad... L side... wow, that's tough.  It's going to take a lot of work to get that edge change.
All in all pretty good for not having had any practice this week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home