Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, 3s To Center, Serpentine


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club. 

Today's lesson:
  • FO8s -- I did a set as Lynne came on the ice.  These are actually improved, although I think I'm still cutting off the circle a bit on the LFO.  Still my tracing is not bad.
  • BO8s -- these are so much fun!  They've improved a lot, it kind of astonishes me.  The L side is still a bit weak and I have more work to do to improve my tracing and be more consistent, but they've come a long way.
  • Waltz-8 -- these have improved.  The R side I am still not stepping around enough so it's a little egg shaped, but I'm getting back to center on a pretty nice edge.  The L side the step forward is still quite weak and I'm not stepping to a good edge and coming back to center very well; but it's better also.
  • 3s to Center -- about the same; but they are getting more comfortable.  The R side is not bad, I actually had a bit of flow out of the 3 a couple times.  The L side is much worse.
  • Serpentine -- the improvements I saw in these on Monday stayed with me!  On the L side I got past the half-circle mark on the FI edge so that is quite an improvement.  The R side not quite as good even though it feels better (strange!).  Much better though, the edge change is pretty smooth and the edge going in to change is much better.
I was really pleased with this lesson!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home