Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Usual Suspects


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- Lynne had me do a fresh layout.  LFO is still a bit problematic at times, RFO is much better.  Generally speaking circle size is okay and tracing not bad, just a bit uncontrolled on the LFO.
  • BO8 -- These are doing reasonably well, but still not consistent enough.  It's tough for me to reel off 3 on each side that are all good as I'd have to do for the test.  Usual the LBO is the issue but sometimes it's still the RBO also.
  • Waltz-8 -- these are a little better.  Weak spot is still the step forward on the L side; I need to step immediately to a good FO edge, not step to an inside and then fix it.  Grrr.
  • 3s to Center -- R side is so much better than L!  The R side I made it about 1/3 of the way past the turn! L side the turn is still very forced and I am putting my foot down immediately.  Grrr.
  • Serpentines -- these are coming along well.  FOI I am generally getting halfway through the new circle after the change of edge -- key determiner is the quality of my FO edge (LFO is too variable).  The FIO is really coming along and the R side is pretty decent, almost as good as the FOI.  The L side I'm still struggling to get the change of edge consistently, it's still pretty tough.
Altogether a pretty good lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home