Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, 3s To Center, Serpentine


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Fresh ice and not too crowded!

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- I had just done some of these that were decent; Lynne asked me to do a fresh layout and for some reason I became horribly nervous so that my first 2 circles on each side were pretty bad, then I calmed myself down and the last ones were okay.  I have to say in spite of being so nervous I at least got around okay and my tracings weren't *that* bad.
  • BO8 -- these were really nice!  Even the L foot was better, I did a much better job of holding a good edge on the 2nd half.  Yay!
  • Waltz-8 -- R side not bad though I'm still tending to put my foot down before the step forward.  L side the step forward is still out too far.  Turns are a bit better and I'm lining them up pretty well.
  • 3s to Center -- these are about the same as yesterday -- RFO3 is coming along, I'm getting at least a bit of flow out of it. LFO3 is still just barely there and there's nothing after.
  • Serpentines -- these are coming along nicely though I have a long way to go.  FOI I'm usually getting halfway around the new circle so that is better.  Worked on the FIO and it was pretty good!  Got well past the half-circle mark on the R foot, and almost that far on the L foot.
All in all I'm really pleased with my progress!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home