Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Spins & Program Prep


Today's lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  We have two lessons this week.

Today's lesson:
  • Spins -- I asked to look at these as I have not been able to spin for a week or more.  JJ's main corrections were to keep the R hand/arm high ("shower curtain") going into the spin and then to hold the free leg back longer.  Of course these are all things I've been told before :-) not sure why I can't tell them to myself! Anyway some improvement but I'm still having issues.
  • Program prep -- from there we ran the program and then worked on pieces of it.  The good news (which I tend to not think about, but it is good) is that I actually made it through, attempted all the elements, and didn't fall.  That said there is a lot of room for improvement as my spins were pretty awful and I'm really dizzy coming out of the waltz-sal so the traveling 3s are really uncontrolled.  Eeep.  We also worked on fixing a timing issue in the first part, and JJ is still trying to teach me how to box :-).  My little punching thing isn't  very convincing yet.
Tomorrow I have a costume fitting; JJ is supposed to come with me.  Awesome.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home