Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Spins, Program Prep, Salchow


My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- still trying to get these back in shape.  JJ says my biggest issue right now is that I'm dropping my R arm when I enter the spin, so the whole R side drops.  I got some improvement but they are still not where they were a couple of months ago :-(.  More work needed.
  • program prep -- ran the program again.  In general the first half of the program is "okay", and most of the 2nd half is as well.  The biggest issue right now is the very last part of the program, from the salchow into the traveling RFI3s and then into the final spin.  I'm really uncontrolled coming out of the 2nd RFI3 and it's hard to get into the spin from there.  And of course the spin didn't really happen.  Grrr.
  • salchow -- JJ spent a little time working with me on the salchow at the very end of the lesson.  I need to check the 3 and hold the leg back a little and then bring it forward.
Cactus is 2 weeks from Saturday! Eeeek.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home