Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 08, 2011

Competition Prep & 3s To Center


My figures lesson with Lynne at the Chandler coffee club.  Only 2 lessons left before AFOC!  Eeep.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- we did several layouts of these.   I got really nervous for some reason and had some control issues at times but in general it was okay.  Lynne says I'm looking for confident... so I guess I'm faking it 'til I make it! lol.
  • BO8 -- several layouts of these as well.  Not too bad.  I had a couple of issues come up where I wasn't really prepped for the next edge; I need to do better at handling mistakes without it distracting me too much, just worry about what's next and do one thing at a time.
  • 3s to center -- just a little time on these.  I actually managed the LFO3 without putting my foot down!  One of them was even a pretty good turn!  All in all these continue to improve I just need to continue to get more practice.  
AFOC is in 3 weeks... I think it will be okay.  Fortunately it's such a low-key competition that it really helps keep me from getting too nervous.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home