Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Final Practice


There was some "unofficial" practice ice at Lloyd Center today for the figures competition on Sunday.  The Ice Chalet management were kind enough to let us cone off about 1/3 of the rink for patch practice from 5-7 p.m. 

I got on the ice at 4:30 and warmed up a bit, then there was a Z-break, and I skated from 5-6.  Not my best skate.  My LFO was giving me a lot of problems which got a little better when I was more warmed up, but still enough to worry about.  BO8s were better, but I was still fighting a problem that I tend to turn in too sharply on the LBO and miss my center. GRRR.

There were 6 of us or so practicing, and they are all SOOOO much better than me.  And of course all of the group for the BO8 were there.  I'm not going to win that event!

I was supposed to have a lesson with Kelli this morning to work on this stuff, but FS ice was cancelled at WSC (except for the 5 a.m.) so that didn't happen.  Oh well.  I was really, really tired from traveling and work yesterday so it's probably just as well.

Competition is Sunday a.m., with practice ice at 6:30 and then I skate at 7:30 and 8:40.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home