Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Patch Practice


I skated the Chandler coffee club for my last practice here before I leave for the All-Figures competition tomorrow.  I had the ice all to myself for half an hour!  After that just two other skaters.  Add in freshly-Zam'd ice and it was really ideal conditions to work in!

I spent 20 minutes each on FO8 and BO8, the remainder of the time (besides warmup) on serpentines, waltz-8 and 3s to center.  FO8.. LFO is still a bit wonky at times, grrr.  Better though.  I don't know how I managed to compete those last year considering I don't think they are all that great NOW.  Geez.  BO8... having some issues filling out the circle on the LBO and still not always too sure when I cross the long axis again.  Grrr.

Oh well!  I have some ice time on Friday, then practice ice early Sunday and the competition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home