Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Early Practice


I couldn't sleep at all last night, so I finally did what I'd often considered doing... when 4:30 a.m. came around and I still couldn't sleep I just got up, threw on my skate gear and went to the rink...(Chandler).

The schedule showed ice time starting at 5:15, so I was hoping the building would be open at 5.  When I arrived, though, there was no one there and the building was locked.  I waited.. and at 5:20 one of the coaches showed up and she had a key.  Yay!  So I got on the ice by 5:30.

I skated for an hour and actually had a pretty good practice.  For the first 15 minutes it was just two of us, later on that was 6 or 7.  I thought I would be stiff but I actually felt pretty loose, which was nice.  I worked a little on program chunks, and then spent quality time on spins and toe loop.  I actually made some progress on the toe loop -- I am trying to un-cheat it.  I am getting it to come around, finally, but I'm not jumping well and I'm seeing a 3-turn on the ice with the R foot so I'm late also.  Still it's better than a toe waltz I think.  Spins were improved and I got several that felt pretty good even though they were only about 2 or 2.5 revs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home