Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

BXOs To BO Edge; Toe Loop

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  It was a little crowded (like 9 skaters and 5 coaches) but cleared out a bit at 8.

Today's lesson:
  • BXOs to BO edges -- continuing to work through the Bronze moves.  We reviewed the pattern and then spent time working on getting placement of the elements.  JJ reminded me that there's no need to rush the tempo on this move; the BXO can seem almost leisurely (slow tempo does not equal slow speed).  I'm tending to get up on my toe on the BO edge, which slows me down.  I'm still pretty slow on this move, it needs a lot more work.
  • Toe loop -- just a few minutes on these.  We worked mostly on bringing the R hand through on the jump -- JJ emphasized bring it down close to the body and then up/through, not just around.   This helps a lot! I'm still cheating them badly though.
After my lesson I stayed for the next session and worked on 5-step mohawk and power-3s.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home