Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

5-Step Mohawk

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.   This session is a bit more crowded than it had been, maybe 8 or 9 skaters and 4 or 5 coaches.

Today's lesson was focused on the 5-step mohawk test pattern.  We worked on just the mohawk itself, trying to get them to be less hoppy.  When I do them well the leading foot feels like it slides off the ice like a slide chasse'.  We also spent time going over the pattern placement on the ice, and working on not scraping the BO edge. I complained that I'm slow and JJ reminded me that he'd rather me be slow but correct than fast and sloppy... good point.

After my lesson I skated the next session and worked on 5-step, power-3s, and FXOs.  At the end of the session it was just Amber and me.  2 minutes before the end of the session Amber looks at me and says "are you going to stroke?" (she always ends her session by stroking a couple of laps).  So what could I say but "sure!".  Of course she lapped me halfway through :-).  It's a good reminder though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home