Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

BO8, Waltz-8, 3s To Center, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.   Only 4 or 5 of us and 2 coaches. I warmed up with FO8s and FI8.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- The first set of these were just okay.  The second set were pretty good, even the LBO!  So we moved on.
  • Waltz-8 -- quite a bit of time on these.  We worked on pretty much the same stuff I worked on yesterday -- holding the LBO (especially) a bit longer, try to step forward onto a better edge, and try to hold the exit of the LFO3 a bit longer.  Some small progress.
  • 3s to center -- these are slowly improving.  Did a nice LFO3 (yay).  RFO3 is still a lot stronger but I need to do a better check coming out of the 3 so that I can have some hope of making it around in a reasonably large circle on the BI.
  • Serpentines -- not quite as good as yesterday :-(.  I was really struggling to hold the free hip up before the change of edge so that I wasn't flatting coming into it.  Grrr.  These are highly dependent on the quality of the edge coming in... if it's a good edge I have a high probability of success.  Now I just need to push hard enough to make it around another half circle and I'll be golden.
All in all a good lesson.  Unfortunately I'll get no more patch time before my lesson next week :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home