Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 06, 2011

BXOs

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.  Between traveling and physical therapy I am just not getting any freestyle time in right now!  Grr.

Today's lesson was focused on back crossovers.  We started by running the perimeter stroking/FXO/BXO Bronze move pattern; my time was 1:22 (12 second SLOWER than last time).  Grrr.  Then we spent our time working on BXOs.  JJ had me do another exercise where I did a backward 2-foot glide in BXO position (outside foot further from my body than inside), do a push with the outside foot, a chasse' with the outside foot, then one with the inside foot.  The point was to hold the position and bring the feet back to the original position after each chasse'.  I kept wanting to have the inside foot further out after the chasse' and not bring it in closer to my body.  JJ says I need to get used to that position so I don't have to think about it.  Then he made me keep my head up :-).  Eeep.  Anyway... wow, back to basics but it's what I need now I guess.  Grr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home