Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Patch Practice

I managed to skate Chandler coffee club for patch practice.  It was really quiet (just 4 of us). 

I spent about 25 minutes just working on waltz-8 -- borrowed Pam's marker and marked where the step forward should be, as well as the 3s so I would be sure to space them appropriately.  This really helped.  The other change I made that really helped was to try to be more upright and skate the BO edge with the free foot close.  These two changes made for a marked improvement!  I'm still tending to make the circles a bit egg-shaped but much less than before -- holding out to the line helps because the subsequent FO edge is shorter, and keeping the free foot close helped me step to a much better FO.  I'm really stoked.

I also spent some quality time on 3s to center and serpentines.  Not much to report on those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home