Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Workin' The Moves

Today's lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert, as usual.  Nice, ice, only 4 or 5 skaters.  Michelle was working on her Christmas program -- Josh Groban's "Believe"... one of my favorites!

Today's lesson:
  • FXO-BXO Perimeter Stroking -- another time trial.  This one was 1:15.  That's better than the previous 1:22 but not as good as the best so far, 1:12 (or 1:10?  I gotta check!).  Bleah.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- most of the lesson on these.  The thing I wasn't getting was that the BXO needs to be nice and deliberate and drawn out... not rushed.  We also reviewed the pattern.  I am sooooo slow at these!  It makes me want to scream.  Fortunately it also makes me want to fix them.  It's just kind of daunting.  I have a hard time watching while doing these and I get nervous I'll clobber somebody.
I couldn't stay and skate the 2nd session as I had an early work meeting.  Grrr.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home