Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

B8s, Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- These are not as good as they have been in the past :-(.  I'm trying to stay more upright and keep the free foot closer after the rotation and it's a bit of an adjustment.  The L side in particular I had issues with keeping the circle size consistent and coming back to center.
  • BI8 -- These are slowly improving.  We worked especially on getting a better strike onto an actual BI edge vs. a BO that I flip over to a BI :-) and also not to widestep on the initial push.  Some progress but these need much, much more work.
  • Waltz-8 -- I went and borrowed Pam's marker again :-) and was able to reproduce my improvements from last week, so YAY!  Soo much better when I make myself hold the BO edge around, and also (again) keeping the free foot close on the BO edge. Much improvement!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home