Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 21, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Nice ice and only like 4 skaters!  Due to a late ice cut and my schedule I only got a 5 minute warmup and then a 30 minute lesson and then I had to leave.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- These were actually pretty good, esp. for no warmup! I was really pleased.  I traced the L side quite well, R side the first circle was kinda big and I traced the other two inside 9 - 12 inches (but they were both very close to each other).
  • BO8 -- these were a little rough, esp. the L side.  Especially when I am not warmed up, I really need to be sure to be really careful to prepare/setup the new edge well and to HOLD THE FREE FOOT IN FRONT (how many times have I said that?!).
  • Waltz-8 -- the improvements I've made are sticking, so that I'm reasonably happy with the first 2/3 of this pattern (for now! -- of course there are improvements to be made). We spent some time working specifically on the step forward to bring it around more so my circles aren't egg-shaped.  The big challenge seems to be to turn the skating foot at the end of the BO edge; need to have my weight in the middle of the blade for that to really work, not toward the front as is happening now.
  • 3s to center -- just a couple minutes on these.  Left side not as good as it has been.  Grrr.
Next week we will back to our usual Wed. time slot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home