Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Power-3s

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • FXO-BXO time trial -- ran the pattern, my time was approximately 1:12 (approximate because JJ didn't start the timer until I had completed the introductory steps).  This is better than last week and almost as good as my best so far, or better depending on how approximate it was.  Still needs to be a lot faster though.
  • Power-3s -- almost all of our time for today.  Ran through the L side and I did 6 on that side.  Then we worked on the R side, working to get me to holllld the FO edge before the turn.  We made some good progress on this although the resultant lobe was pretty wimpy.  I had a kind of a nasty backwards fall in the middle of this -- going into the RFO3 and my free foot went in front and I fell backwards.  Grrr.  I managed to roll a bit so I didn't land flat on my back, but I did manage to whack my R wrist a bit.    In general we made some progress on these though.  JJ also reminded me that on the back lobe I need to turn into the circle on the BXO so that it's nice.
  • Spins -- just a couple of these at the end.   They are about the same as they were.
I have another lesson tomorrow as a make-up from last week's missed lesson.  After I came off the ice I took some ibuprofen, and iced my wrist when I got home.  It seems like it's fine albeit sore.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home