Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, 3s To Center

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- these were pretty good!  My tracing was better than it has been.  The biggest challenge now seems to be consistency; being mindful and collected enough to start each edge well.
  • BO8 -- I was a little disappointed in these.  The R side was not bad but the L side was quite disappointing.  Grrr.  It's all about the setup (see above).  If I can be more careful to start each edge well I have a pretty good chance of being okay.  I didn't practice these last week and it showed :-(.
  • Waltz-8 -- these continue to improve.  I still need to improve the step forward -- it's usually to a nice FO (yay!) but I'm still not turning enough so my circles are distorted.  I'm doing a much better job of holding the BO edge around though.
  • 3s to center -- these are improving as well.  Lynne's main correction to help the check after the turn is to be sure to keep looking where I'm going (duh!) and of course work on keeping the free shoulder back.  I'm really pleased with my progress on these.
After my lesson I worked a bunch on BI8 (eep!) and serpentines.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home