Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Power-3s

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.  About 6 skaters on this session... Brenna and Amber were rehearsing their "Hakuna Matata" program for Autumn Antics this weekend (which I will miss, unfortunately).  It's soooo cute!

Today's lesson:
  • Power-3s -- pretty much the whole lesson was spent on power-3s.  No falls this time :-).  We worked on the pattern, trying to keep the BXOs and step forward moving.  I need a lot of work on these :-(.
  • Spins -- JJ wanted me to do some of these, so we did 3.  The last one was not too bad.  JJ says I mostly need to do (a lot) more spins.
  • Time trial -- we finished with the FXO-BXO perimeter stroking pattern.  By now I was pretty warmed up and felt good and turned in my best time yet, 1:08!  Yay :-).
All in all a good lesson, I just feel like I have soooo much work to do if I want this test to look the way I want it to.  Mmph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home