Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  A little more crowded than usual, about 10 skaters.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- I had just warmed up with edges when Lynne came on the ice so we started with these.  They were really good!  Good circle size, good tracing.  I was really pleased.
  • BO8 -- we moved on to these.  They are improving but I still think they are not as good as they were (Lynne disagrees).  I'm having an issue with spotting my center coming back, so that my center tends to move "south" on subsequent circles.  Grr.  I need to spend more quality time on these.
  • Waltz-8 -- mostly focused on fixing the step forward on the L side.  Bleah.
  • Serpentines -- these are about where they were.  
I feel like I'm a little stuck here.  I'd like to get set to take the Preliminary test at some point but I feel like my waltz-8 is still lacking.   For the 1st test I will need to make a LOT of progress as I will need passable BO8, serpentine and 3s to center.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home