Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Test Stuff, 3s To Center

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Before I got on the ice I was inspecting my blades (I am about due for a sharpening) and found that I basically have no inside edge in the middle of my L blade (there is still some edge at the ends of the blade).  Weird!  I need to get them sharpened.

For today's lesson I had only done my edges (FO/FI, BO/BI) for warmup, so Lynne decided we should continue with the other figures from the Preliminary test as if it were a test.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 --a little shaky at the beginning (hey, I had almost no warmup) but not bad; I think they were passable.
  • FI8 -- decent.
  • Waltz-8 -- ugh.  I put my foot down like twice and had real difficulties returning to center on my very egg-shaped circles.  Yuck.  Yep, these need a lot more work.  After the first one set we moved and did some more, and then spent some time just working the step forward.    Sheesh.
  • 3s to center -- we continued with these (they are on the 1st test, not the Preliminary test).   They are slowly improving.  On the L side in particular I have problems getting really turned into the circle for the turn.  



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home