Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

(Almost) Everything, Again

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  The ice was a little weird/bad today.  I warmed up with edges and then we started with the remainder of the Preliminary test.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- These are really getting nice!  My tracings were pretty close.  I was really happy with it, though I imagine it will need to improve a bit before the 1st test.
  • FI8 -- also very nice.  Lynne said I looked very relaxed.
  • Waltz-8 -- ugh.  The 3s were somewhat better but I put my foot down a couple of times on the R side step forward.  These are such a struggle!
  • BO8 -- these are def. better than last week.  Better flow, even on the L side, and I'm doing better on not getting swing on the 2nd half of the R side.  I was having some issues returning to center though, and the 2nd half of the L side is still a bit shallow.
  • 3s to center -- not quite as good as yesterday :-( but still improved.  I am actually getting pretty good flow through the RFO3 -- if I would just check better I might even be able to make it back to center!  The LFO3 still needs more work on that regard but it's improved too.
  • serpentines -- the FOI ones are about the same.  FIO is looking a little better. I'm still a quarter or a half circle short though :-(.
After the lesson I worked on BI8 and waltz-8.  Bleah!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home