Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Patch Practice

I skated Chandler coffee club for patch practice.  I was a bit tired and cranky but had a great skate anyway!

I spent 20 minutes working on waltz-8, with maybe a bit of improvement... the 3s were better, step forward maybe a little better.  I worked on taking the back edge a little slower (don't push so hard) so I would not have so much velocity to cope with on the step forward, and that seemed to help. 

3s to center were a bit better, especially (rather surprisingly!) on the L side.  I was doing a better job of getting turned into the circle and so it was a much better turn.  Serpentines were better also, I was getting almost 3/4 of the circle after the change of edge so that's better.

BI8 about the same.. BO8 somewhat improved.  FO8 and FI8 were pretty good and I did a much better job of tracing the print.  I was really happy with that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home