Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 01, 2011

XO Pattern; Spins; Spirals

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • FXO-BXO pattern -- we spent some time reviewing the pattern again; I have been ending it wrong.  I'm supposed to end with BXOs around the end of the rink and then step forward, I've just been stepping forward after the last lobe.  We worked on this a bunch to get the BXOs to flow better.  We also did our time trial -- 1:11.  I'm disappointed, that is rather slower than last week.  Grrr.
  • Spins -- some more time on spins, still trying to get it all together at the same time.  Not much progress.  JJ also had me work briefly on backspins from a two-foot spin (I did these with Anna like 6 years ago!).  Yikes!
  • Spirals --  just a little time on these, both forward and (yow!) back.  I'd never done back spiral before, it is pretty scary to me.  Also I wanted to do them on a BO edge, apparently -- doing one with just a flat was pretty challenging.
I'm feeling a bit frustrated with my progress right now.  It doesn't help that I feel like I'm not getting much ice time for freestyle (that's my own fault!).  Grrr.

After my lesson I stayed and skated the next session and worked on pretty much all the Bronze moves.  Bleah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home