Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

All My 8s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Pretty uncrowded today, just 5 or so.  I warmed up with edges, FO8 and BO8.  I'd just gotten my blades sharpened on Saturday and this was my first time on them but they felt great.

Lynne decided to start by running the Preliminary figures (minus the edges).

Today's lesson:
  • FO8s -- not bad.  A couple of small glitches but probably passable, at least for Preliminary.
  • FI8s -- pretty good.
  • Waltz-8 -- ugh.  I almost fell on the step-forward on the very first one!  But I kept going since we were doing all the test stuff.  The rest was somewhat better... but I don't think I'd pass me on this if I were the judge :-(.
  • BO8s -- The last part of the RBO is just a little wonky on these right now; it's a bit of a struggle to hold the edge as I'm really having to fight not to have a lot of swing.  The LBO was actually really awesome!  I was really happy with it.
  • BI8s -- these are still a work in progress!  I am doing better on the initial push, both in terms of speed and also initial edge (both still need improvement though).  The LBI still needs more control and a better push though, as I'm not making it around.
  • 3s to center -- these are about the same, maybe a little better now that my blades have edges :-).
  • serpentines -- these are a little improved also but I still am going to have to push a lot harder to get around that last half-circle.  Grrr.
All in all a great lesson!  We got a lot done and I'm relatively pleased.  After my lesson I stayed and mostly worked on 3s and serpentines.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home