Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 08, 2011

BXOs To Landing Position

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I have not been getting a lot of freestyle time this last few weeks and it took me a while to warm up.  Ugh.

Today's lesson was focused on the Bronze move in the title.  We had looked at this before.  The challenge is to keep the BO edge from being so deep that the lobes become small.  JJ wanted me to draw out the BXO over the top of the lobe so I can make the BO edge more shallow.  The goal is to only do 5 lobes as per the test handbook.  We got them almost to where they need to be!  Yay!  I'm not happy with the BO edge though, it is kinda scratchy and my posture is not the best.  Also the focus for the move (per the handbook) is "continuous flow and strength" which is adult-test-ese for "power" (which is what the handbook used to say until a couple of years ago).  I'm not generating a lot of power at this point :-(.  I think I really just need to make myself do these every time (really, the whole test) every time I skate.  I'm just a bit squeamish because these tend to be a bit "blind" and I worry about collisions.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home