Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Perseverance

I skated the 5 p.m. FS at Chandler after work.  I'm trying to get more time in (no lesson this week)... ugh.  I had not skated FS since my lesson last Wednesday and it took me forEVER to warm up.  Bleah.  Worked on spins (got only 1 halfway-okay).... Bronze FXO-BXO pattern, I made some progress in stretching out the BXOs so the pattern is almost right.

I worked some on power-3s and could not for the life of me do an RFO3.  Seriously!  I was about to just scream, I was so frustrated.  Okay I could do one fast and sloppy, but if I slowed it down and/or kept the free leg in, nothing happening.  The weird thing is I had done them in my patch blades at lunchtime! Grrr.

Spent some time trying to uncheat my toeloop... nothin' doin' there.  I really need more icetime.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM , Blogger Walla Walla Sk8ter said...

    Hang in there, Gordon! I know how you feel. My right-side power three was the last thing I "got" before I tested and I had worked on it for about nine months. The key is to really balance well on that inside left edge, opening up the right hip before you set the foot down, and bending da knees! Don't worry, it'll happen.

     
  • At 12:27 AM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Thanks! I have that feeling on the L side, the R side is just a little slow I guess...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home