Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Moves & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • Power-3s -- After a rocky start I was able to retain my progress from yesterday.  I actually ran through the entire pattern.  I am feeling a lot better about this although there's still a long way to go; but the 3s are starting to be more controlled (and free leg is close) and placed better.  There's very little "power" in them right now so that is going to take some work.
  • Waltz jump --  JJ wanted to look at these.   He wants me to spread the jump out so that each part of the jump (entry, jump, landing) is held out more.  Some success with this.
  • Salchow -- We spent quite a lot of time on these as a single jump (not waltz-sal).  Ugh.  They did get appreciably better though.  Mostly working on the timing.  I have very little "jump" in this though, I need to get braver at that -- it's more like a "step" right now.  Grrr.
  • FXO-BXO pattern -- we did our time trial.  My time was 1:10... ugh.  I thought it was going better than that.  Oh well.
After my lesson (JJ was very generous with his time today) I stayed and worked on more moves -- 5-step mohawk, BXO to landing position, circle-8, and also some spins.   My BXO to landing position went really well -- I actually filled out the pattern correctly and it was a bit better speed-wise too :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home