Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Perseverance

I skated the 5 p.m. FS at Chandler (had the day off).  Ice was not the best, but it was just me and one other skater for most of the session so that's something.

I worked mostly on moves.  I'm doing a bit better on the FXO-BXO pattern, it's about the right size now although I still feel pretty slow (GRR).  I still don't feel like the clockwise FXOs are good though, they always feel awkward like I'm not really over my skate.

BXOs to landing position are improving and the pattern is about right, so that's something.  5-step mohawk needs more work.  Power-3s... ugh.  And the circle-8 is a bit better, I was able to get around on the FO part (FI a little weak?!) even on crappy ice, so that's something.

Spins were ucky, toe loop ucky -- I spent some time on them and if I pull the R foot back and around like I'm supposed to I don't jump I just do a back3 (with my L toepick planted mind you) and push forward.  Grr.  On the other hand that is a step toward the right timing I think.  Waltz jumps were nice at least -- good height I think and a nice landing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home