Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Patch Perseverance

I skated coffee club at Chandler today for patch practice (no Pilates class today ;-().  Had an okay skate, not bad since I'd not skated since last Wednesday!

Ran through the Preliminary test... not bad except of course for the waltz-8.  The L side of the waltz-8 is actually not that bad, it's the R side that's getting me.  The 3s were better though and I worked at holding the first 3rd of the pattern our more, with some success.

Worked on BO8s for the first time in  a while and finally got the RBO back where it used to be.  The LBO was still kinda fragile though, and the 2nd half of the circle was shallow.  Also did some BI8 for the first time in a while -- they have not magically improved since then.

3s to center were about the same.  Serpentines -- ugh!  I am still short of getting around the whole 1.5 circles.  I think I was still not pushing hard enough but the bigger problem was that my edge change was rough and I lost flow.  Grrrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home