Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Waltz-8, B8,3s To Center

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club; we postponed from Wednesday due to a conflict. I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual, then went back and did more waltz-8 and some BO-8.

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz-8 -- We went back to woodshed these some more.  The 3s are improved but I was not holding the turn exit long enough, nor the BO edge.  They improved a bit.  I'm not being very consistent on these; it's frustrating.
  • BO8 -- Not too bad.  the last half of the LBO is a little shallow still.
  • BI8 -- yow.  Okay, maybe a bit better.  I'm doing a better job of holding the actual BI edge; it's mostly that the push is still lacking.  Need to keep working on it!
  • 3s To Center -- just a little bit on these... about the same.  Flow through the turn has improved, so it's mostly the weakness of the BI edge that's getting me now.
All in all a pretty good lesson.  Ice dance class tonight!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home