Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Program Prep, Etc.

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Before we started work, I discussed with JJ that I'd been considering keeping my free skate program ("Battle for the Beat", currently) for two years instead of retiring it after Sectionals.  The idea is that I would keep this free skate for two years (of course we can tweak it to make it better), and that I would also learn an artistic (dramatic, probably) after Sectionals.  Thereafter I could keep each program for two years and I'd learn only one new program per year.  JJ thought that was quite workable... so that's what we'll do.

Today's lesson was mostly focused on program prep.  JJ had me run through the different chunks of the program and we worked on some problem areas, then ran the program with music.. yuck.  Not so great. I'm kind of confused how I could do so well last week and so badly this week, but JJ says I need to work the adjustments that we've made and not worry so much.

At the end of the lesson we worked on a sculling exercise that JJ thought might help me increase my speed and tempo.  Hmmph.

After my lesson I stayed through the next session (had the ice to myself!) and worked on some dance stuff and moves.  Power-3s were a bit better today -- not much power but better control.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home