Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

GREAT Lesson!

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • Time trial -- we ran the FXO-BXO time trial.   I usually hate doing this at the beginning of the lesson but we had a lot to cover, so off we went.  I did my BEST EVER time, 59.8s!  That's 2 s faster than my previous best and the first time under a minute.  YAY!  It felt good.  JJ said my first couple BXOs were smoother than the last ones and also that I'm losing some time/speed on the CW FXOs (what a shock).
  • Power-3s -- ugh.  These were Not Good.  Even the L side wasn't good (actually, it was worse than the R side, go figure).   JJ reminded me that I need to be looking INTO the circle on the BXO lobe, this is part of the reason it feels so awkward to me.  I need to work on this.
  • Program -- we spent the last 15-18 minutes of the lesson on the program.  We did a runthrough w/music and was GREAT.  Seriously, I think it was the best I've ever done this program. The first spin was really good!  Jumps were all pretty good, good speed and flow.  The only thing I would fault is that I spaced and didn't make the change at the end that we put in last week.  We took a couple of minutes to talk through it and I practiced that part that I missed and then we ran it again.  It was not as good :-(.  I have this a lot; JJ says I need to just start each run fresh and not compare to the previous one.  I know what I need to do, just go do it.  He's right of course.  I'll have to work on re-thinking that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home