Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Waltz-8, BI8, 3s To Center

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test, but only got through the FO8 and FI8 when Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- we continued with these.  Ugh.  My L side circles were really small for some reason and it was causing me lots of problems; it was the transition to the RBO that was the issue (curving in too much).  We managed to get that fixed.  Still much to do on these.  Grrr.
  • BI8 -- Lynne wanted to look at these in prep for 3s to center.  The initial push is so hard!  I am usually making it around on the R side (it's a small circle though!); L side is getting better but my push is still weak.  Grr.
  • 3s to center -- these are about the same.  I did manage one turn on the R foot that was really good; I actually gained speed through the turn!  Not sure how I managed that and of course I couldn't do it again.  Still, something to shoot for.
After my lesson I worked on serpentines (ugh, only slightly better than yesterday) and finished with BO8.  I did the BEST BO8 I think I've ever done!  Great flow, good return to center, good circle size -- L foot was really good too.  Nice way to finish the session!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home