Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Eeyore Skate

I skated the Chandler coffee club as usual for patch practice.  I had a really dispiriting skate.  Warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual, then on to more waltz-8.  Yuck.  I had a horrible time finding my center.  Then to BO8 where I also couldn't find my center, my flow was horrible, and my pushing just barely adequate.  Bleah.

Went on to work on 3s to center and serpentines.  3s were about the same, serpentines... yuck.  My change of edge was just really bad, every time.  I couldn't keep my free hip lifted and lost a lot of flow on the change of edge.  Yuck.

Don't know what was going on today, but I hope it's better before tomorrow's lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home