Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Program Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual...

Before my lesson (well, really, the first part of it) I talked with JJ at the ice dance class at Ice Den and whether I should continue.  I voiced my frustrations with not having an opportunity to improve my technique.  JJ's question was, what would I be doing with that time if I weren't taking the class?  The answer, considering what time it is, is working and then relaxing (class is at 5:30 p.m., up in Scottsdale, it's a long drive).  It's a fair question.  We discussed the state of dance in the East Valley (Gilbert and Chandler) and whether I could get someone to work with me on those elements; also the upcoming competition and my schedule.  No firm conclusion but some things to think about.

Today's lesson (once we got started!) was all about the program, after a little work on spins.  Ran my program with music; it was "okay".  No horrible errors but lots of things that could be better.  We talked through it and then we were out of time.

 Since I'm skating at lunch (patch) and then again at 5:30 (ice dance class) I didn't stay for the 8:15 FS session.  As it is, it's 2 hrs 45 minutes of skating for today.

PCAS is only 5 weeks away! eeeeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home