Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I was a little late getting on the ice, so Lynne intercepted me as I was just getting ready to warm up.

Today's lesson:
  • Edges -- I was warming up with the test, as usual.   Edges were okay, BI are still a bit small but Lynne says that's okay.
  • F8s -- My FO8 was a little...unsettled?  For some reason I was nervous.  FI8 similar though better.  Probably passable even so, though.
  • Waltz-8 -- we spent a good chunk of the lesson on these.  Placement of the turns is finally about right.  I'm still not holding the BO edge long enough, and I noticed esp. on the R side that the BO edge needs to be a bit straighter.  Lynne said on the step forward I need to lean back into the edge more before I step.  I tried this and it does help... scary though.  Oh well.
  • Serpentines -- finished up with these.  I was getting a better push than in practice yesterday, yay! My transitions were not as clean though.  Lots more work required.
After my lesson I worked on BO8 (had a nice set, finally!) and BI8, and then a little bit of 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home