Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne.  Due to work travel we moved this week's lesson to the 8:15 a.m. FS at Chandler.  While the ice wasn't great, it was uncrowded (2 skaters, 2 coaches).

I warmed up with the Preliminary test, and Lynne came on the ice just in time for my favorite part (yes, that's sarcasm!).

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz-8 -- bleah.  Okay they are sloooowly improving.  We worked today (like last week) on getting the BO edge the right length and centered appropriately so that the top of the circle is in the right place.  Some progress.
  • BO8 -- yuck.  The first several were really awful; couldn't get a good push and couldn't hold a good position.  I finally made some progress after a while, but it was very frustrating.
After my lesson I finished up with 3s to center and serpentines.  Next week we are back to Wednesdays.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home