Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Program Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.    I came wearing my program costume and club jacket and no gloves, so that it's just like competition.  It was cold!

JJ gave me about a 6 minute warmup, then we ran my program.  I didn't land the salchow and got a little flustered trying to get into the traveling 3s.  We talked it over a little bit and gave me about a 5 minute rest, then we ran the program again.  It was much better and I finished more or less on time.

After that we worked on spins a bit and also reviewed the footwork section; JJ wanted me to be more deliberate and not scratchy on the footwork.   

One lesson left before PCAS!  We are switching to Wednesday mornings starting next week due to a change in my work schedule.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home