Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines, 3s To Center, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I was a little under the weather yesterday so I hadn't skated since last Friday (eep!) but things were okay.  Warmed up with edges, then into my lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8, FI8 -- from the Preliminary test.  A little wobbly on the FO8 (hey, I was still warming up) but not too bad.  FI8 tracing was really nice.
  • Waltz-8 -- I forgot in my pre-move visualization to tell myself to hold the BO edge out across the top of the circle -- so I didn't, particularly.  Other than that not too bad.  After the first set, Lynne had me go back and do them again, remembering that I need to do that.  Much better!  I'm even doing a better job of "turning the corner" (returning to center) after the step forward on the R foot (L foot much weaker).
  • Serpentines -- a breakthrough today, I actually managed to tie together a complete serpentine starting on the R foot!  I.e., RFOI-> LFIO and restart.  Pretty awesome!  L side is still pretty lacking though.  I was really stoked that I got all the way to the restart.
  • 3s to center  -- these are about the same.  I am getting pretty good flow through the turn now.  The turns themselves are still not so great -- a bit skidded.  Still I think that as my BI edges get better I'll do better on the return to center.
  • BI8 -- I asked to look at these quickly in the last part of my lesson.  These are definitely improving, though I am pretty inconsistent on my free foot position at the start.  I need to work harder on that, and of course to improve my push.
All in all a pretty good lesson.  I'm excited.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home