Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  Lynne came on the ice as I was finishing the FO8 from the Preliminary test.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- these are looking pretty decent.  Lynne said they looked smooth and controlled.
  • Waltz-8 -- These are a bit better.  I managed to do a much better job of holding across the top of the circle.  Return to center is decent on the R side, on the L side I still have a lot of work to do.
  • serpentines -- not as good as last week.  I did manage to get around on the R foot but that was about it.  My changes of edge are just not that good and I lose speed.  We worked on keeping the hip up; I really need to lean into the edge more, especially right before the change of edge.  The other factor is that I need to change edge more promptly; I've tended to be a little ginger about it but the result is that it takes too long and I am on a flat for a bit which slows me down.
  • BO8 -- I had trouble returning to center on these at first, but they improved.  My tracing is not so great though.  I think the main thing is that I am inconsistent about how I approach them (keeping the free foot in front, rotation, upper body position, etc.) so it's not surprising I get inconsistent results.
All in all I am making progress it's just slow.

After my lesson I stayed and worked on BI8 and a bit on 3s to center also.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home